3 Opal® Apples, cored and sliced into ¼" slices
½ cup fresh cranberries
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 cup almond flour
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
Zest of ½ orange
1 pie crust, store-bought or homemade
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Servings: 1 tart (9")
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Lightly spray a tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray. Roll out the pie dough and trim the sides. Place the tart crust in the fridge to chill.
3. Using a stand mixer, combine all the frangipane ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
4. Toss the apples and cranberries together with the cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice.
5. Spread the frangipane mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the tart shell. Place the apples on top of the frangipane in a circular or decorative pattern. Scatter the cranberries over the top and place the tart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 45–50 minutes until lightly golden and the filling is set. Cool the tart before serving. Enjoy!
To learn more about FirstFruits Farms, visit www.firstfruits.com