2 spotted DOLE® Bananas, peeled
3 large eggs
½ cup raw cane sugar
¼ cup mild (original) molasses
¾ cup white whole-wheat flour
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp ground ginger
1½ cups powdered sugar, plus additional for dusting
½ cup dairy-free heavy whipping cream alternative
¼ cup natural buttery spread with olive oil, softened
½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a 15" x 10" rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; line with parchment paper.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl until foamy, then whisk in bananas and molasses. Next, whisk in flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, and ginger; pour batter into prepared pan. Bake cake 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
3. Dust a clean kitchen towel with powdered sugar. While cake is still hot, invert cake onto prepared towel; starting from short side of towel, roll up and let cool completely.
4. Beat ¼ cup powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl with mixer on medium-high speed 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Beat buttery spread and remaining 1¼ cups powdered sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, or until incorporated. With mixer on medium-low speed, slowly add cream mixture to buttery spread mixture and beat just until combined. Makes about 1⅓ cups.
5. Carefully unroll cake and remove towel. Leaving a ½" border, spread cream mixture over cake; reroll cake and refrigerate 1 hour.
6. Cut cake crosswise into 12 (¾" thick) slices; arrange on serving platter. Dust cake with powdered sugar, if desired, and sprinkle with walnuts. Enjoy!
To learn more about Dole®, visit www.dole.com