5–6 spears Progressive Farms Asparagus, washed and trimmed
1 medium bagel, flavor of choice
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
3–4 slices deli ham, or protein of choice
Cream cheese, flavor of choice
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
1. Slice the bagel and toast until crispy.
2. Meanwhile, crack eggs into a small bowl, add the milk, salt, and pepper, and whisk vigorously. Set aside.
3. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat and melt 2 tbsp of butter.
4. Pan sear asparagus and deli ham for approximately 5–6 minutes, or until crispy and lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Using the same pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 tbsp butter.
6. Pour whisked egg mixture into the buttered pan, and stir continuously until the eggs have cooked through but are still soft. Add in the Cheddar cheese and continue mixing until the cheese melts.
7. Grab your toasted bagel and smear the top and bottom with cream cheese. On top of the bottom bagel half, stack the crispy ham, cheesy scrambled eggs, and seared asparagus. Place the top half of the bagel on top of the sandwich and enjoy!
To learn more about Progressive Produce, visit www.progressiveproduce.com