Easy breezy is how I would describe my mentality in the month of June. All I need is a book to read, a chair for lounging, and a sunset to take in. But sometimes, I need to kick the easy-breezy mentality into full throttle by adding a tart cocktail to the mix. And this spiked Raspberry Lemonade does just the trick.
The pink drink has long been a summer staple in my eyes and consumers nationwide cannot help but agree. Although a sweet and sour combination is craveable throughout the year, there’s something about this flavor powerhouse that screams summertime. The best part about this Raspberry Lemonade is that it begins with a kid-friendly lemonade recipe—to help you maintain those devil-may-care vibes we’re all chasing after.
Capturing market share from both adults and kids home from school, this two-for-the-price-of-one recipe will have even the most hyperactive sitting back and kicking off their shoes.
1 cup white, granulated sugar (can reduce to ¾ cup)
3—4 cups water, divided
4 oz lemonade
1½ oz vodka
1 tsp sugar
1 lemon, sliced for garnish
Chill Time: 30 min
Drink Prep Time: 5 min per drink
Servings: 1 cocktail
1. To create simple syrup, mix granulated sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once sugar dissolves, remove from heat.
2. Juice the lemons to yield roughly 1 cup of lemon juice. Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, and remaining water. Adjust ratios to taste. Chill.
3. In a cocktail shaker, muddle five raspberries and sugar. Add vodka and lemonade and shake until well mixed.
4. Pour over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon and a fresh raspberry or two.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for additional cocktails.