2 lb LIV Organic™ Gold Potatoes
1 medium LIV Organic Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1½ cups heavy cream
1½ tbsp flour
Cooked and diced bacon for topping (optional)
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Slice the potatoes about ⅛" thick. Place the sliced potatoes into a cold bath for about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
2. Butter the baking dish. Set aside.
3. Toss together potatoes, minced garlic, sliced onions, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl. Layer them in the baking dish.
4. In a pan, heat heavy cream over medium heat. Add flour, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low when it begins to bubble. Remove from the heat when the sauce has thickened slightly.
5. Pour sauce evenly over the potatoes. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 50–60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Bake uncovered for about 5–10 minutes more to brown.
6. Garnish with bacon if desired. Serve and enjoy!
To learn more about LIV Organic™, visit www.livorganicproduce.com